Are you thrilled to solve complex search algorithms using Apache SOLR? We are looking for engineers with exposure in SOLR search implementations, handlers and Indexing.
What you´ll do
- Designing, coding, debugging, unit testing, and documenting large, complex software applications
- Collaborate on technical implementation, assist other developers and consultants in implementation and development
- Demonstrate capability to effectively assimilate new skills and use of new technologies.
- Exceptional productivity and attention to product quality issues
- Be accountable to deliver the task to the agreed standards
- Adhere to development standards and architectural guidelines set by the Solution Design team
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, being always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies on board
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively communicate ideas and to mentor less experienced team members
- Motivated to independently monitor and appraise emerging trends and technologies in software engineering and make recommendations or undertake independent research to validate new ideas
- Act as the key trouble-shooter in complex/escalated incidents
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment with an up-to-date knowledge regarding existing technologies.
To be successful for this position you should have :
- Full time Bachelor's /Master's degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
- 5+ years of overall IT experience
- Should have at least 2-4 years of experience on SOLR development.
- 2 years of experience in web development/coding and implementation.
- Knowledge of agile practices
- Extensive experience developing web applications on a commercial JEE application server.
- Business Knowledge: E-commerce domain
- Strong experience in Apache SOLR development and administration.
- Design, Modify and Configure search indexes on SOLR under Linux/Windows environment
- Experienced in optimizing both Indexes and SOLR-Integrated webshop.
- Good knowledge on Create and Administrate hierarchy facets, Integrate Hierarchy facet display with webshop Facet searches, Promoting search results, Pivot facet, Stats component, Boost queries, using Filter Queries.
- Analyze and understanding about the SOLR debug query functions.
- Load balancing, integrating multi core searches.
- Experience in fine tuning the Search Relevancy according to the business requirements.
- Good Understanding on custom configuring Synonyms, Stopwords and Request Handlers.
- Exposure in delivery of an automated search and indexing process with experience in Indexing data from structured and unstructured data stores, databases, and repositories.
- Experience in SolrCloud is an added advantage
- Good to have familiarity with Tokenizing, synonym phrases, NLP, Elastic Search, Endeca.
- Experience with JSP, Spring, MVC, XML, JSON and hold good understanding about it.
- Exposure to database infrastructure so as to identify problem root cause and expertise in query tuning.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Strong ownership and persistent attitude to tasks
- Good logical and interpersonal skills.
Mindcurv is a pan-European IT services provider, headquartered in Germany, specialized in the implementation and management of enterprise e-commerce platforms.
We are expanding our operations in India and we are looking for highly-motivated professionals to join our distributed team to deliver high-value services to our clients.
Many Go Live. Few Thrive. We Know Why.
We believe that the most important aspect of a job is being excited about it, having growth opportunities and working in a team you really like. Aside from all this you will find:
A strong, relaxed company culture and exposure to partners both domestic and international, an international team with more than 200 passionate people from multiple countries that always challenges to find the best possible solution, a competitive remuneration package and a fun place to work!
Our employees have delivered e-commerce enterprise applications across Europe in multiple verticals using the Agile Development methodology. We bring in cross-vertical domain knowledge, which helps our clients refine their e-commerce business strategies and thus gain a competitive advantage. We understand technology, but we also understand business and people. Simplicity is our driver and efficiency our way of working. If you agree with this philosophy, we are looking forward to meeting you as soon as possible!